What is “Buffalo Nation”?
Written and updated by Chris and Tim Wendel, Buffalo Nation began as a way to publicize the book Buffalo, Home of the Braves (A coffee-table photo books that chronicles the Buffalo Braves, Western New York’s lost NBA franchise).
Buffalo Nation now focuses on unique attributes of the Buffalo Region including the glory 1970’s era of Buffalo sports, corner bars that withstand the test of time, the resurgence of the Sabres, the impending fate of the Buffalo Bills, and an area that many of us simply have a well acquired taste for.
As legendary Buffalo sportscaster Rick Azar once told us: “You can leave Buffalo, but Buffalo never leaves you.”
- New Locations for Braves' WorldWe've recently moved our outlets for updates and information to the following web sites:1. For Buffalo Braves' related news go to: Buffalo, Home of the Braves2. For newsworthy items on Buffalo and Western New York Sports: Buffalo Nation3. To order the book Buffalo, Home of the BravesThis site still includes archived articles and photos, but the new […]email@example.com (CW)
- Today’s NBA reflects the speed and athleticism of Randy SmithBy Tim WendelOf course, height is often paramount in basketball. As the NBA Finals get ready to tip, much of the discussion has been about the front lines. Andrew Bynum’s knee. Kendrick Perkins’ technical fouls. Phil Jackson calling out Kevin Garnett.But the series could turn on another crucial element that Buffalo Braves fans know all so well – speed.Today […]firstname.lastname@example.org (CW)
- Interest in Braves' legacy continues to buildThe success of the book “Buffalo, Home of the Braves” began long before it was published, with the establishment of a strong online presence. We started our internet work with A Bigger Voice, a community-building organization out of Colorado and continued drawing interest through the book’s writing, editing, and publishing phases, finding those who fondly re […]email@example.com (CW)
- Buffalo Celebrity SmackdownInteresting results and comments from a weekend ‘Buffalo News’ article that attempted to define, classify, and define what celebrity status means in Western New York.“Star power: What it means to be a WNY celebrity” included an “A” List and “B” List along with list of celebs that have lived in the Buffalo area and famous and pseudo-famous people on to the “C […]firstname.lastname@example.org (CW)
- Buffalo State celebrates Randy Smith’s place in historyThe long overdue tribute to Randy Smith from his alma mater Buffalo State was held last Friday night at the school’s Sports Arena. During the half-time presentation, Smith was celebrated for his gentle caring demeanor, as well as his phenomenal sports career. The ceremony included a short speech from the Buff State Athletic Director Jerry Boyes, a proclama […]email@example.com (CW)
- Arenas has nothing on Buffalo Braves' "Bad News" BarnesBy Tim WendelGilbert Arenas bringing at least three guns into the Washington Wizards’ locker room has made headlines nationwide.That the All-Star guard tried to pass off the incident as a practical joke is quite a reach. Still, any Braves fan knows that Agent Zero has a long way to go before surpassing the antics of one Marvin “Bad News” Barnes.Old Marvin no […]firstname.lastname@example.org (CW)
- A Banner Request for the New Yearby Tim Wendel It was downright heartening to see the Sabres come back against Pittsburgh the other night. Not only did they take down "Sid the Kid" and those annoying Penguins, but they rolled back the clock, so to speak. The victory reminded me of an era when Buffalo teams were offensive juggernauts. When the Braves were a contender in the mid-197 […]email@example.com (CW)
- Bills' dysfunction mirrors Braves' demiseby Tim Wendel A team a few bricks shy of a load. Small in stature at positions where that matters most. Week after week unable to finish close games. That sounds an awful lot like the current Buffalo Bills football squad. But not so long ago that scouting report also summed up the Buffalo Braves basketball team. And, unfortunately, such organizational fault […]firstname.lastname@example.org (CW)
- Update:"Buffalo, Home of the BravesNBA Hall of Famer Bob McAdoo emailed today between exhibition games as Assistant Coach with the Miami Heat, giving his thumbs up for the book “Buffalo, Home of the Braves”. His friend and Buffalo resident Kenny Martin made the connection, and it’s great to have McAdoo’s blessing.You’ll notice that the Buffalo Nation site has been reconfigured. We think the n […]email@example.com (CW)
- Retail Outlets: "Buffalo, Home fo the Braves"The new book Buffalo, Home of the Braves is selling well, both online and at the following Buffalo area retail outlets:. University of Buffalo Bookstore (North Campus). Talking Leaves Main Street, and Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo. B is for Books (Orchard Park) . The Book Corner (Niagara Falls). Dog Ear Books (Abbott Road, Buffalo).The Book Nook (Dunkirk)firstname.lastname@example.org (CW)
- 33,116 hits